Monday, March 10, 2014

Finding time for ME!!!

  I survived another week, AND am getting a blog posted on schedule. I feel pretty accomplished just doing that after the week(end) I've had. It was probably one of the roughest few days of my entire life...but that story I'll save for a later, as I'm not quite ready to tell it to the world just yet.
  It is definitely a Monday, and I feel like a zombie. My Little Love is finally napping in my lap. We had his 2 month doctor visit today, he's 12lbs 5oz!!! He's getting so big so quick, makes me sad! Other than that he's happy and healthy and thriving ♥
  Today I am expanding on something I touched on last week: finding ME time! It can be really difficult. They tell you when you're pregnant to sleep when your baby sleeps...haaa. That only works under ideal conditions, for me mostly only right in the beginning, when I was recovering also. Yet, life goes on, even after you have a baby. The laundry and dishes pile up, the bedroom looks like a tornado hit it, you still need to eat, pay bills and don't forget the endless visitors that want to see the little baby. This is just some of the stuff you have to do, in addition to caring for your baby! Diapers, feeding, tummy time, comforting and spending time playing with them. So where do you get a little time for yourself, so that you don't go completely mad???
  In my situation, I'm lucky to have a supportive household that can take him off my hands for an hour or two so that I can shower or run to the store baby free, or just to clear my head for a minute. Not everyone has that but I'm thankful that I do! It makes my job a lot more stress free (: When Little Love has naptime, I try to utilize that time to its fullest potential, get as much of whatever is on my to do list as possible. Now some days, you just have to put relaxation on your to do list. So, on those days when he naps, focus all your attention on YOU!!! Take a bath, paint your toes, dye your hair, rock out to some music (quiet rocking out, of course :P), or just lounge and watch Netflix. As long as you're using your time wisely during the rest of the week, have one day you just dedicate nap times to yourself!
   I really enjoy spending time with my son, and could never dream of being away from him for too long, I really do enjoy his company, and he always knows when to flash me one of his heart-stopping, dazzling, toothless smiles. In a time where life has gotten so beyond my control, and I feel like everything is spiraling out of control, he keeps me grounded and gives me happiness that I wouldn't have otherwise.
  Well time to wrap up for the night, Little Love is getting bored watching me type :P Have a fantastic week (:


1 comment:

  1. You're doing great. And you can bring him here, just about any time. :)

    ReplyDelete