Friday, August 16, 2013

Okay, Warm Enough!!!

  Hello! One more week down, bringing me closer to a few things I'm really excited about...Hubby & I will be celebrating our 1st anniversary on the 26th! What a year it has been, full of extreme highs, lows and everything in between! Also (of course) the birth of our baby boy Leo, who I am itching with excitement to meet! Finally, the thing that's been on my mind quite a bit...COOLER WEATHER!!!

  Don't get me wrong, I do love summer. Lake days, BBQ, camping, and more hours of daylight. However I can honestly say that fall is hands down my favorite time of year. Pumpkins, beautiful colors of nature, delicious recipes to try out, and Halloween! I'm especially excited for Halloween this year, and am thinking of all sorts of fun ways to dress up my baby bump!

  I liked the summer a lot more when I was a kid, usually because it meant no school! A few years back however, I got a heat stroke and ended up in the ER with a few IVs to rehydrate. Ever since then the heat makes me feel a bit off. Hubby's favorite season is winter. He loves the snow. It's kind of a bummer we don't get much where we live, with a few exceptions. One fantastic thing about where we live here in the Pacific Northwest, is that all we have to do is get in the car and drive for an hour and we can be waist deep in snow at the foot of the mountain.

  Favorite seasons aside, there is one thing that makes them all so much greater, and that is experiencing them with the love of my life. I'm lucky to have a man that takes care of me well, and in this next year to come, we'll get to experience all the seasons again with our little miracle. I wonder what his favorite will be!






No comments:

Post a Comment